Cloud Based Computing Services
So, you have heard people talking about Cloud Based Computing Services Rutland. How can Cloud based computing services help your business move forward? The cloud is an ever-expanding set of tools that help by providing resources and tools on-demand over the Internet.
Let us show you a few research statistics:
- 70% of businesses that experience a major data loss are out of business within one year (DTI/ PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- 94% of companies suffering from a catastrophic data loss do not survive (University of Texas)
- 96% of all business workstations are not being backed up. (Contingency Planning and Strategic Research Corporation)
- 30% of small businesses will experience a natural disaster (NFIB)
- 10% of small businesses will experience a major data loss as result of human error (NFIB)
Can you afford to take this sort of risk with your business!?
Cloud-based computing services can simply be used for backup, storage or hosting your emails, which is what most people see as the benefit. It is true that the main advantage is that data or information contained within your applications is stored safely away from your locally based laptops and desktop computers. It is stored in ‘The Cloud’ (quite often at an off-shore data centre, but not always). This provides peace of mind because if anything happens to your office computers and systems, your data and systems are safe and secure. But there is more to it than just safe storage of data. A well set up cloud-based system can give your business more flexibility because to allows you and your staff to use programs and access information across multiple devices.
Octopus Computers provides the following cloud services and support:
- Cloud Backups, Hosted Spam and Virus Filtering. This allows you to keep your files, data and programs protected by using online storing systems and information. Local storage of data and programmes risks many problems like loss of mission-critical data, corruption of data and inability to trade.
- Email (Hosted Exchange). The use of cloud-based email storage allows vast capacity so you won’t need to worry about the size of your email inbox all the time. A big plus is that cloud-based email systems can be synchronised across multiple devices. This means that you will always access your emails wherever you are. It also means that you can allow sharing of important emails with key team members.
- Microsoft Office 365. This and other system provide a very flexible and versatile set of office tools. You can use all your familiar office programs across any or all of your devices. This gives everyone in your business a seamless user experience and the ability to use the programs when you are put of the office.
- Shared folders and relating tools, e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive and many other similar systems allow your employees and customers easy access to files and folders online. They can also can edit shared documents in real-time.
- Google Cloud. Octopus Computers is an official Google Cloud reseller. Google Cloud offers some fantastic collaborative solutions that can help accelerate the productivity of your business. Powered by Googles UK based data centres it is a powerful and reliable cloud solution.
- Microsoft Azure. This provides a range of cloud services, including those that allow you to compute, use analytics, storage and provide networking. Users can pick and choose from these services to develop and scale new applications, or run existing applications, in the public cloud.
- Private Cloud. Not all organisations are the same, sometimes they need a more personalised solution. We can host private cloud solutions at UK based data centres. These are flexible and scalable to your business and can host anything from email, to full Remote Desktop Clients.
Interested in any of our Cloud Based Computing Services Rutland? Please get in touch or call 01780 720 516.